The catalogue of training courses on "Water" 2011... But also Waste, Environment, Sustainable Development
(The News N° 21 - January 2011)
The catalogue “Water 2011” regroups 293 training programs divided into 443 training courses and 6 large topics:
- Discovery of water jobs.
- Service management, regulation and security: management of water supply and sanitation utilities, staff safety.
- Water in the city: analysis and water quality, sensors and flowmeters, drilling, drinking water production, drinking water supply, storm water, construction and rehabilitation of networks, sewerage networks, treatment of urban wastewater, treatment of sludge, odor and waste, on-site sanitation, pumping, maintenance, energy, automation and remote management.
- Water in nature: groundwater, rivers, water bodies, GIS and mapping.
- Water in agriculture: technical and re gulatory management, design and operation of irrigation systems, sludges and effluents.
- Water in industry: management, analysis and control, process water, industrial wastewater treatment - detoxification in surface treatment.
36 new training courses appeared in the 2011 catalogue.
These training courses can be organized as a customized training program and curriculum, which may correspond to periods of professionalization.
Several training programs are graduating: maintenance of backflow preventers, electrical welding of polyethylene tubes, butt welding in collaboration with STRPE, hand - ling of chlorine in bottles, trapping of coypus and our new training courses for intervention in confined space .
The catalogue "Waste, Environment and Sustainable Development" 2011 offers 47 training programs organized in 51 training courses on the topics:
- Waste: management of "municipal waste" utilities, waste collection, selective sorting, customer’s environment, logistics of a sor - ting and transfer unit, special waste, treatment and reuse of waste and wastewater treatment sludge, leachate, biogas, etc.
- Noise: noise at work in water and sanitation utilities, noise in the environment, protection of workers against noise.
- Energy: optimization of energy consumption and renewable energy in water production plants.
- Sustainable development: carbon footprint, sustainable development approach, sustainable purchase, hydraulic infrastructure integretion into the landscape, "Qualipluie" (rainwater quality) label.
- Air: measurement of pollution in open air.
- Sites and soils: pollution appraisal and removal from polluted sites and soils.
(The News N° 17 - February 2010)
The catalogue of training programs on "Water" 2010
The French National Water Training Center (FNWTC) is proposing to the water professio - nals its new catalogue of continuing training programs for 2010.
The catalogue “Water 2010” regroups 275 training programs divided into 419 trai - ning courses and 4 large topics:
- Water in the city: management, operation and maintenance of the drinking water supply and sanitation utilities - staff safety - water quality - construction and rehabilitation of the networks - storm water - sludge treatment - on-site sanitation - boreholes - automatisms, remote management and sensors - environmental mana gement.
- Water in nature: groundwater - rivers - water bodies - GIS and mapping.
- Water in agriculture: irrigation - agricultural effluents - the reuse of sludge.
- Water in industry: process water - wastewater treatment - detoxification in surface treatment.
18 new training courses appeared in this catalogue.
These programs can be organized as a customized pathway for work-linked training in the form of curriculum.
Several programs are graduating: maintenance of backflow preventers, electrical welding of polyethylene tubes, butt welding, handling of chlorine in bottles and trapping of coypus…
The FNWTC is certified ISO 9001, Version 2000, and has the “AQUAPLUS” label.
The 2010 catalogue can be consulted on IOWater website.
Catalogue 2010 ”Waste and Environment”: ”50 training programs
In addition to its traditional catalogue of trai ning courses on Water, in 2010 the FNWTC is pro po - sing to the pro fes - sionals on waste and the environment a new catalo gue of continuing training.
This catalogue ”Waste and Environment 2010” presents 46 training programs organized in 50 training courses, all year round, on the topics:
- Waste: management of ”municipal waste” utilities - waste collection - selective sorting - customer’s environment - logistics of a sorting unit and transfer - special waste - treatment and reuse of waste and wastewater treatment sludge - leachate - biogas, etc.
- Noise: noise at work in water and sanitation utilities - noise in the environment - protection of workers against noise.
- Energy: optimization of energy consumption and renewable energy in the water production plants.
- Sustainable development: carbon balance - strategy for reducing the carbon tax in water and sanitation services - sustainable development approach - sustai - nable purchase - landscape integration into hydraulic infrastructures - "Qualipluie" (storm water quality) label.
- Air: measurement of pollution in open air.
- Sites and soils: pollution appraisal and removal from polluted sites and soils. All the training courses are regularly updated during the year to take into account the evolution of the needs of the trainees and their employers and, of course, the regulatory, economic and technical evolution.
… under the Caribbean sun
(The News N° 16 - December 2008)
For many years, the International Office for Water has been training water professionals from the French overseas departments and territories. In 2009, it innovates with an offer dedicated to these areas with very specific climate, relief, rainfall, organization and management.
A new training catalogue entirely suited to the Caribbean area was developed with the assistance of the Water Office of the Martinique.
There are 31 training courses suited to the tropical and wet island context. The topics dealt with cover the whole water cycle: water production, leak detection and operation of networks, management of sewerage systems, wastewater treatment, water chemistry and river hydrometry.
An important component should be noted concerning the building and laying out of drains, the management of services, and the safety of the people in sewerage systems. These training courses are mainly planned in the first half of 2009, and will proceed on sites selected according to their teaching interest in the Martinique.
This catalogue can be downloaded on IOWater website: www.iowater.org/cnfme
See online : www.iowater.org/cnfme
In the same section
- Mexico - The Ayuquila-Armería pilot River Basin
- WATERDOC offers a wide range of access to documentation (...)
- Hydrological monitoring and SDAGE in the Congo River (...)
- Haiti - Assessing latrines for the French Red (...)
- Reunion Island - Control of WWTPs operation: a (...)
- Peru - New taxes on water use?
- Transboundary waters - Four guides on good practices in (...)
- International network of the NWTC: Building water and (...)
- Explore 2070 - Climate change and its impact on water (...)
- EUROSTAT - Water statistics for beginners
- International Committee of the Red Cross – ICRC Strong (...)
- Hydrological monitoring of the Mekong River Basin: (...)
- The SANDRE, the French National Service for Water Data (...)
- Seine-Normandy Water Agency: Hazardous substances (...)
- Morocco - ONEE and IOWater, a lasting collaboration