Technical assistance and analysis
Since 1991, the International Office for Water has relied on a multidisciplinary team specialized in the various water, sanitation and waste sectors: our 120 permanent experts have a potential of proposals to carry out technical assistance assignments and assessments of structures, processes and equipment. These assistance missions enable our customers to benefit from preventive and corrective recommendations in the design and operation of their structures, processes and equipment, including the development of specific and adapted innovative solutions.
At a time when the performance requirements for water and sanitation facilities increasingly require meeting important challenges in terms of design and operation of these structures, we provide:
- Objective and neutral technical assistance, as it is free from any subsequent sale of services or equipment;
- Account taking of the specific context of each case of technical assistance;
- Analysis of this context and adapted solutions based on great knowledge of the reality of the field, the job practice and skills covering all the aspects of the water and sanitation sector.
Some examples of projects
The potential scopes of our technical assistance missions are numerous and highly diversified.
Many communities and operators have already used the IOWater team of experts at various project stages:
To help them identify their treatment or performance needs (drinking water production, wastewater treatment and sludge treatment) concerning the City of Romans sur Isère, the Intermunicipal Syndicate of Grande Plagne, the Towns of Aubenas, of Saint-Paul of the Reunion, etc...;
To advise them when formulating administrative or technical specifications (Agen Community of Agglomerations, Couze Gartempe Syndicate for Drinking Water Supply,...);
To carry out an audit of the existing installations and identify the improvements that could be done: operation (assistance to the operation of the Limoges wastewater treatment plant, assessment of pumping stations in Goma in the Democratic Republic of the Congo for the ICRC...), energy optimization (energy optimization of the Poitiers wastewater treatment plant, energy efficiency of pumping stations with the Vienne Briance Gorre Syndicate, etc.), optimization of consumables, optimization of maintenance or repair costs,. ..
To optimize the installations of large communities and Syndicates such as Lille Metropolis, Blois, City of Noumea, Intermunicipal Sanitation Syndicate of Mayotte, ...
IOWater skills and know-how
IOWater has a unique know-how at its disposal both in terms of diversity of expert abilities that can be mobilized and in terms of independence of the advices and support provided.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Water resources, rivers, environments;
- Water chemistry and analysis;
- Drinking water production;
- Water supply;
- Sewerage and stormwater drainage systems;
- Urban wastewater treatment;
- Electricity, automation, remote management;
- Legislation and regulations;
- Municipal Waste
- See the catalogues of training on Water and Waste Voir les catalogues des formations Eaux et Déchets