Acts of the International conference " EUROPE - INBO 2010 " For the implementation of the European Water Framework Directive
The « EUROPE-INBO 2010 » international conference, organized by the « Group of European Basin Organizations for the Implementation of the Water Framework Directive », took place, at the invitation of the French Water Agencies:
in MEGEVE – France
Thre meeting was organized around main and current topics on the implementation of the Framework Directive (WFD) in the National and Transboundary River Basin Districts, in particular:
- Progress made in the preparation of the WFD Management Plans: their contents, follow-up methods (indicators, management charts…),
- The Programs of Measures 2010 - 2015, implementation, stakeholders’ mobilization, local contracts, financing of actions,
- Combined implementation of the WFD and « groundwater », « floods » and « marine strategy » Directives,
- Strategies for adaptation to the drought risks in Europe: national strategies, monitoring, warning systems,
- Measures to be planned for adapting Water Bodies to the effects of climate change, resources management, development of upper basins, upstream–downstream common cause, optimization of the water demands, agricultural policy, hydropower, navigation on waterways, reservoirs, transfers, etc.
- Cooperation with the neighboring Countries, non-members of the European Union, for the application of the WFD principles and methods.
The «EUROPE-INBO 2010» meeting itself was organized simultaneously with the 3rd International Congress on « New water governance in mountains is needed to face climate change! ».
This «EUROPE-INBO 2010» conference is the first step to prepare the active participation of our network in the 6th World Water Forum, which will take place in Marseilles - France in March 2012 and, of course, in its regional European process
All the papers on INBO website : http://www.riob.org/spip.php?article1709