With a view to joining the European Union, the National Office for Water (OVF) of the Ministry of Transport, Telecommunications and Water started a co-operation programme with IOWater aiming to develop its Integrated Water Information System.
The main results obtained were :
- A rich exchange of experiences on techniques for the integrated management of water-related data in particular with the adoption and the start of the implementation, in Hungary, of methods developed in France by RNDE (National Water Data Network);
- The development of a first conceptual model of IWIS’s hydrological data by combining data models from several systems which already existed in Hungary;
- The formulation of technical terms of reference for the implementation of a "pilot project for the standardisation of procedures for the exchange and management of data on groundwater".
Cooperation programme between the Hungarian National Office for Water (OVF) with the IOWater, for the development of the Hungarian Integrated Water Information System.
- A mission to study the existing information systems in Hungary;
- A study tour in France for 5 Hungarian experts for their introduction to the French Water Data Network (RNDE);
- 4 missions of French specialists to Hungary.