This Policy is managed and implemented by the IOWater Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- Data collection
IOWater collects personal information when:
- You create an account and/or use the services provided by its websites,
- You subscribe to its newsletters and other communications in digital or paper format,
- You register and/or participate to one of its training courses, webinars, or other events,
- You are associated to or collaborate in a project led by IOWater.
The collected data can be:
- Your name and surnames,
- Your contact details (email, phone number, etc.)
- Your professional information (position, organism, etc.)
- Your login information (username, password, etc.)
- Any other personal information you provide to IOWater.
This data will be collected with your prior consent.
Through its websites, IOWater automatically receives and records anonymous data from your computer and browser, such as your web browser and the type of equipment you use. This data is collected in order to allow you to access the websites features and for statistical purposes.
- Data use
The data collected aim to allow IOWater to:
- Provide you with products or services you buy, subscribe to or wish to participate in: subscription, training course, event, etc.
- Respond to any request,
- Inform you of upcoming events, news, latest products and services as well as other various offers about IOWater activities exclusively, in accordance with your communication preferences,
- Improve IOWater’s websites and perform in-house anonymous statistics.
- Legal basis of the personal data processing operation
IOWater collects personal data from you when at least one of these following conditions is met:
- You have given your consent,
- This personal data is needed to provide a service or to perform a contract or an agreement concluded with you,
- The processing is based on IOWater legitimate interest and does not affect your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Recipient of the data – Third-party data-sharing
IOWater collects personal data for the purpose of its activities only.
IOWater does not sell, trade nor transfers your identifiable personal data to third parties. If this were to happen, you would be informed before the collection of this data and your consent would be obtained. You would have the opportunity to oppose this data collection.
This does not include the trusted third parties which help IOWater operate some of its processing. If need be, IOWater shall ensure that these third parties commit to keep this data confidential and to process them in accordance with the rules in force.
- Duration of data detention
IOWater keeps the data only for as long as needed for the processing for which the data was collected, in compliance with the applicable regulations.
The purpose of processing and the duration for data detention are specified when the data is collected.
- Data security
IOWater implements adequate security measures maintaining the safety of your personal information.
Only the employees who need to perform specific tasks (such as billing or customer service) have access to identifiable personal data. The computers and servers used to store identifiable personal data are installed in a secured environment: the server rooms can only be accessed by authorised personnel (IOWater IT service).
The existing security policy forbids any unauthorised attempt to use the information system, either from IOWater’s internal computer networks or from the outside.
- Exercise of Data Protection and Privacy rights
At any time, you can freely exercise your rights:
- Of access, rectification, opposition to your data,
- To erase your data,
- To your data portability,
- To define general and specific guidelines regarding the way you would like your rights are exercised after your death as for the data collected by IOWater.
A proof of your identity will be asked in order to avoid potential identity theft.
To exercise your rights, you need to contact IOWater Data Protection Officer, enclosing a copy of an identity document with your signature on it, by mail or email to the following addresses:
Mailing address: Office International de l’Eau
Délégué à la Protection des Données
22 rue Edouard Chamberland
87065 LIMOGES CEDEX
IOWater Data Protection Officer commits to answer your request within the statutory deadline.
In case you would like to contest the IOWater Data Protection Officer’s response or if you feel that the data controller infringed your rights, you have the right to file a complaint with the French National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties through its website: www.cnil.fr