The economy applied to the fields of water, aquatic environments and biodiversity: a new section and its newsletter to discover!
A new section has just appeared on the website of the International Office for Water. This concerns the economy applied to the fields of water, aquatic environments and the biodiversity associated with these environments. This section, accessible via https://www.oieau.fr/theme/eau-et-economie, includes various pages on the following aspects:
- presentation of the main issues related to the water economy;
- water and sanitation pricing according to usage;
- the assessment of the environmental value of aquatic environments;
- economy and allocation of resources to different uses;
- water management economics and decision-making;
- economic monitoring of public water and sanitation services;
- expenditure on water and aquatic environments.
In parallel with this new section, you have the possibility to subscribe to the associated newsletter. This letter, published according to current events, will contain key figures and open access articles on the following topics: economic analysis and decision-making, spending on water and aquatic environments, water pricing and environmental values.