This identification mission for the creation of a training centre for water profession in Libya was carried out on the request of the Libyan Ministry of Electricity, Water and Gas in collaboration with Award Brand Limited Company.
The objectives of this identification mission were as follows:
- To identify the context of water services management in Libya (potable water production plants and supply networks, urban waste water networks and treatment plants, staff - number of employees and repartitions - , organisation and management, projects related to solving of difficulties …),
- To identify the initial and professional training context in Libya for water professions (training needs, training offers, existing training centre …),
- To identify the Libyan authorities position,
- To meet the decision to create the training centre,
- To describe the potential future training centre for water profession (objectives, potential clients, potential status, products and activities),
- To propose a feasibility study of creation of this training centre (methodology and cost of this study, terms of reference)
In such a framework, this identification mission enabled the determination of concrete bases for the conducting of the feasibility study for the creation of a training centre for water profession in Libya.