Support on the implementation of the Urban Waste Water Treatment Directive (91/271/EEC)
Link to the project's website:
Clarification on the localization:
European Union including United Kingdom
Name of client/Beneficiary:
Commission Européenne, Direction Général Environnement
Start Date :
Completion Date :
Name of Associated partners if any:
Ramboll, UmweltBundesAmt GmbH
Description of the project:
This contract has three objectives:
1) To assess the status of implementation (based on reporting under Art 15) and to analyse the programmes for the implementation of the UWWTD (based on reporting under Art 17) in Member States
2) To provide support for the assessment of Member States' replies to the requests of information launched by the Commission in the frame of legal infringement procedures.
3) To provide technical support and advice to the Commission on recent developments in relation to the UWWTD e.g. petitions, statistics, visualisation of data, analysis of investments in the water sector, compilation or comparison of UWWTD data with other data e.g. data on quality of surface waters.
Description of services provided by IOW:
- OIEau has updated and will maintain during the contract the 58 UWWTD SIIF platforms (29 platforms in production and 29 platforms in development: one per member state and 1 for gathering all at EU level),
- OIEau has imported, analysed and published UWWTD official reported datasets for the year 2018 on the UWWTD SIIF,
- OIEau assessed the status of implementation of UWWTD for the year 2018 by making a large use of the UWWTD SIIF platforms, and the EU report is now ready to be pblished by the EC,
- In addition OIEau will provide technical support and advises to the Commission services on demand and depending on the specific topics that will arise along the contract.