Funded by the Rhone-Mediterranean and Corsica Water Agency, the project was jointly implemented by the International Office for Water (IOW) and the Water Solidarity Program (PS-Eau), in close consultation with Togolese and Beninese authorities and the Resources Coordination Centre Water (CCRE) in West Africa.
The project in Togo and Benin aims to:
• Supporting the successful implementation of IWRM process;
• Facilitate the implementation of international solidarity projects under the Oudin Santini law;
• Strengthen the capacity of experts.
The activities were carried out following the four expected results:
• RA1 - Knowledge management
- Analysis of requirements and guidelines for information systems.
- Mapping of solidarity projects across municipalities grouped by sub-basins.
• RA 2 - Support to the design and assembly of “solidarity projects” for water supply and sanitation
- Identification of current projects.
- Identification of local structures in Togo and Benin already carrying projects or potential facilitators in identifying future projects.
- Identification of projects being developed by French actors.
- Identification and approach of local communities within Basin RM & C that show an interest in committing in projects in Benin and Togo.
- Hosting of a delegation in France to facilitate exchanges and implement new partnerships.
- Support for local communities interested in developing their projects, in partnership with identified local structures.
• RA3 - Analysis of governance at the basin scale link with Mono Basin Authority
- Analysis of the structure of the Mono Basin Authority and progress in the implementation of the institution.
• RA4 - Analysis of the planning methodology and implementation
Study of the documents prepared by MBA with the support of CCRE.
- Identification of the key actions for Phase 2.